Yacht Club Games
Who we are
Yacht Club Games, LLC (“Yacht Club Games”, “We”, or “Us”) collects, uses, and is responsible for certain personal information about you, as part of the Shovel Knight video game software application and the related Yacht Club Games website located at www.yachtclubgames.com (together, the “Service”). For those in the European Union, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as Controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The Personal Information We Collect and Use
Information collected by us:
In the course of providing you with the Service, your name and email address are collected when you contact us for customer or technical support or enter a contest or sweepstakes on the Service (your “Contact Information”). Otherwise, we do not collect any personal information directly from users of the Service.
Information shared with us:
In the course of providing you with the Service, others may share the following data with us:
- The owner of the platform that you purchased the Shovel Knight game and any other Yacht Club Games content from (for example, Microsoft, Sony, Valve, or other platform holders) may share data with us about purchasers, including, for example, number of purchases by day and by territory, and some aggregate information such as a breakdown of purchasers by gender and other metrics.
- This information is made non-personally identifiable in aggregated or anonymized form, by either combining or aggregating it with information about other users, or by removing characteristics that make the information personally identifiable.
How we use your personal information:
Your Contact Information is used to communicate with you about Service-related issues and provide customer and technical support (including receiving and responding to communications that you send us through the Service), and in connection with contests and sweepstakes on the Service.
Who we share your personal information with:
We will share your personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Service, or (iii) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Yacht Club Games, its employees, clients, or users of the Service.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept:
We will keep your personal information for the length of time required to provide you with the Service or until you request its deletion, unless a longer retention period is required by law. Afterwards, we delete all such data in our possession within a reasonable timeframe.
We do not verify the correctness of personal data that we collect or that you provide.
Please note that some data may be retained, if necessary, to resolve disputes, enforce Yacht Club Games service agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity, and operation of the Service.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information:
The laws in certain jurisdictions require that we notify you of the lawful basis for collecting your personal information.
To the extent that such laws apply, we rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
- Consent: We rely on your implied or explicit consent for the collection, processing, storage, transfer, and disclosure of your Contact Information.
- Furtherance of legitimate interests: We may collect, process, store, transfer, or disclose certain personal information in furtherance of those legitimate interests of ours which are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as set forth in the applicable laws. These legitimate interests include, but are not limited to, (i) providing you with the Service, (ii) protecting our users, staff, and property from fraud and other harm, and (iii) collecting information on how you use the Service in order to optimize the functionality of the Service.
- Legal compliance: We may collect, process, store, transfer, or disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations.
Children’s Privacy: We will not collect or post information from a child under the age of 13 without the involvement of a parent or guardian. Yacht Club Games will notify the child’s parent or guardian at the email address provided by the prospective customer, alerting the parent or guardian to the child’s use of the Service and providing instructions as to how the parent or guardian can delete the child’s registration from the Service. Yacht Club Games does not use personal information collected from children for marketing or promotional purposes, and does not disclose such information to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the personal information of EU users between 13 and 16.
“Do Not Track” Signals: Because there’s not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based or other “do not track” mechanisms yet, we do not respond to web browser-based do not track signals.
Transfer of your Information out of the EEA
Yacht Club Games is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your information in and to the United States.
The laws of the United States governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
If you would like further information, please contact us (see “How to contact us” below).
EU Residents – Your Rights
Under the GDPR, EU residents have several important rights free of charge, including:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, or otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Email us at [email protected]
- Give us enough information to identify you
- Show us proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license or passport, for example)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have taken steps to put appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it through access controls. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Additionally, we never ask you for any of your passwords and we advise you never to enter your account name or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
Lastly, we also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to Resolve Disputes
We hope that we can resolve any questions or concern you raise about our use of your personal information. Please contact us via the methods listed below in the section entitled “How to contact us” to let us know about any of your questions or concerns, and we will get back to you to resolve the issue.
If you are an EU resident, the GDPR also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
How to Contact Us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to us at [email protected]