Yacht Club Games is an independent game developer that is located in Los Angeles, CA.
So what are we all about? We want to create fun and challenging gameplay. We want to both tug at your heartstrings and delight you with levity and charm. We want to make games that you play together with friends and family. Most of all, we want to give everyone the same collective types of game experiences that have defined our generation. It’s such an exciting time to be a fan of games; the industry is experiencing a renaissance and creativity is flourishing. We are so, so excited to develop games that we love, in hopes that you love them too. Let’s make a splash!
We’re Looking for Quality Assurance Testers and Interns! Read here for more. If you don’t fit for those positions, but still want to give it a shot, feel like you have something to offer we don’t know we need, or are interested in us keeping you in mind when positions become available, click here!
We get asked a bunch of questions repeatedly so maybe we can predict your next questions! Let’s get to it:
- toggleWhen is Shovel Knight coming out!?
Shovel Knight is out on PC, Mac, Linux, Steam, Wii U, 3DS, PS4, PS3, Vita, XBox One, and even more!
- toggleWhat Platforms is Shovel Knight out on?
Shovel Knight is already out on PC, Mac, Linux, Steam, Wii U, 3DS, PS4, PS3, Vita, XBox One, and even more!
- toggleI preordered or backed Shovel Knight on Kickstarter and I'm confused! How do I get the game!?
- toggleDoes Shovel Knight support controllers?
Yes, in every way we can! It should be easy to plug in your controller, remap your buttons, and do whatever you want! We’re so into controllers that we wrote up this entire article!
- toggleHow about Xbox 360, iOS, and Tiger handhelds!?
A lot of people are learning about Shovel Knight for the first time and there is a vast sea of awesome gaming platforms out there. It is a goal of ours to see Shovel Knight arrive on all sorts of platforms — from consoles to handhelds and maybe even a few things in between? However, we have our hands full with our initial plans. Once we have some surefire details we’ll be sure to tell you all about it!
- toggleWhat program do you use to do pixel animation?
It’s called Promotion and it’s super cool. Check it out: http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion/index.php
- toggleWill Yacht Club allow YouTube content creators to monetize videos featuring Shovel Knight gameplay footage?
Yes! For more information, visit our Video Policy.
- toggleWhat engine is Shovel Knight being made in?
It’s our own custom c++ engine. It uses DirectX on PC and OpenGL on Mac+Linux. For our level editor, we use tiled: http://www.mapeditor.org/
- toggleWill the 3DS and Vita versions have Battle Mode?
Unfortunately, no. Maybe one day…but we don’t have the resources to make that happen. We’re doing our best to make these versions special in other ways. No worries!
- toggleAre there any gameplay differences between the physical and digital versions of Shovel Knight?
The physical version includes a free download code for the soundtrack, an instruction manual, and disc (or cartridge). However, the gameplay content is exactly the same, no matter if you’re playing from a disc or from downloading it. As we release new updates, we’ll be keeping both versions identical too.
- togglePlague of Shadows was cool! Have you considered doing more Boss Knight Campaigns?
Yes! We have two more Boss Knight campaigns to go! The official list is:
- Specter Knight
- King Knight
We also have a few new additions in the works too, like Battle Mode and Body Swap!
- toggleDo you love Mega Man?
- toggleWill you make Shovel Knight forever and ever?!
Definitely. Wait, maybe. Ehhhh we don’t know. Depends on our mood. We all love Shovel Knight, but we have millions of ideas. It would be fun to take the series the same route that other great games went and create a Super Shovel Knight or a Shovel Knight 64. We could also see us using the brand for other crazy genres or games ( ie Shovel Kart, anyone? ).
- toggleHow can I stop thinking about Shovel Knight?
Let us know when you find the cure.
- toggleWill Shovel Knight become a mermaid?
Oh! I thought you would never ask! We’ll just have to see!
If the FAQ doesn’t have you covered, or you just feel like dropping us a line, here’s the info you need:
Yacht Club Games
4640 Admiralty Way Suite 1225
Marina Del Rey, California 90292