You have arrived at the Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope Press page. More Shovel Knight series games:
- Developer: Yacht Club Games; Based in Marina Del Rey, California
- Release Date: June 26th, 2014 (Windows/Steam/3DS/Wii U), OSX (9/12/14), Linux (10/9/14), PS3-PS4-Vita (4/21/15), Xbox One (4/29/15)
- Platforms: Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Sony PS3, Sony PS4, Sony Vita, Xbox One, PC, Mac, Linux
- Website: ShovelKnight.com
- Price: USD 14.99 or available as part of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
- Availability: Digital Download
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazil, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- ESRB: E for everyone, USK 6+, PEGI 7, OFLC PG
- File Size: ~150MB: 123 MB PC Installer, 1,213 blocks 3DS, 170 MB WiiU
- Press Contact: [email protected]
- Social: Kickstarter, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube
- Instruction Manual: Digital Manual for Web, Co-Op Manual
Shovel Knight is a sweeping, classic action-adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It’s a hot mashup of new and old! You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small warrior with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this land with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and quest for his lost beloved. He wields a Shovel Blade: a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!
But, between Shovel Knight and his beloved stands a cadre of villainous knights. These terrible foes, known as The Order of No Quarter, have been dispatched to prevent Shovel Knight from reaching the Enchantress, and will pursue their mission at any cost. If you love games with perfect platforming, beautiful art, infectious music, lovable bosses, humor and levity, and real heart… Shovel Knight is for you!
- Shovel Knight’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- The systems of today also give Shovel Knight modern touches: detailed animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and novel game design.
- Perfect your platforming skills as you take down each of the knights of the Order of No Quarter.
- Flip enemies! Leap over gaps! Duel with foes! Dig up treasure! Find Secrets! Upgrade! Shovel Knight is simple to learn and play, but challenge lies everywhere.
- Awesome soundtrack by Jake “Virt” Kaufman with additional songs by Manami Matsumae!
- Amass riches to upgrade your armor and weapons.
- Detailed, living background and animation! Big, beautiful pixels!
- Lovable characters and treacherous bosses!
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- A light touch to narrative with humor, levity, and heart.
- Overworld Map allows your quest unfold in a unique order!
- Relive the adventure and uncover all of the world’s secrets with New Game+!
- Co-op! – Grab a friend and play through Shovel of Hope as a fully cooperative adventure!
- Challenge Mode – Up the ante in every imaginable way with dozens of full-featured challenges.
- Body Swap – Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a lady, or Shield Knight was a guy? Well, now you can designate character genders however you like, with brand new designs for all of the main characters!
For platform specific features, please refer to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove’s press page.
Yacht Club Games is an independent game developer started in 2013 by a crew of former WayForward employees. We are a fun-loving bunch of gaming geniuses who have dedicated our lives to video games ever since we saw our first pixels. However, our serious and solemn goal is to make really awesome original games that fuse modern and retro sensibilities, and we have the pedigree to prove it! Our team is comprised of top talent that has worked on some amazing titles, including Contra 4, A Boy and His Blob, Thor: God of Thunder, Mighty Milky Way, BloodRayne Betrayal, and most recently, Double Dragon Neon. Shovel Knight is our maiden project as Yacht Club Games, which means we are determined to impress.
So what are we all about? We want to create fun and challenging gameplay. We want to both tug at your heartstrings and delight you with levity and charm. We want to make games that you play together with friends and family. Most of all, we want to give everyone the same collective types of game experiences that have defined our generation. It’s such an exciting time to be a fan of games; the industry is experiencing a renaissance and creativity is flourishing. We are so, so excited to develop games that we love, in hopes that you love them too. Let’s make a splash!
Release Trailer: Download
Official Trailer #1: Download
Official Trailer #2: Download
Accolades Trailer: Download
Download all the screenshots as a .zip (the zip contains much more art than is shown on the page)
Key art and Illustrations
Download all the key art as a .zip (the zip contains much more art than is shown on the page)
Download all the logos/icons as a .zip (the zip contains much more art than is shown on the page)
Download all the sprites as a .zip (the zip contains much more art than is shown on the page)
Weighing in at almost 50 tracks, it’s an enormous and important part of the Shovel Knight experience!! Both the complete OST and arranged album, which includes guest arrangements, are now available under a “Name Your Price” model with no minimum set. Click an album cover below to see more.