What can you actually do with amiibo in Shovel Knight? How does it all work?! Well, we’re here today to finally unearth all the answers to your amiibo questions. We’ve been hard at work making the amiibo figure and content feel unique and special, and we’re excited to show off footage! That’s right – it’s trailer time!
Release Date: December 11th, 2015 (Europe), January 8th, 2016 (North America)
Price: MSRP $12.99, £10.99, EUR 14,99
Did we add too much content? Probably, but we were just so excited! Let’s go through what exactly what the amiibo unlocks.
Scanning the Shovel Knight amiibo on the level map or file select screen using your Wii U™ GamePad, New Nintendo 3DS™ Touch Screen, or Nintendo 3DS™ NFC Reader/Writer unlocks the following:
Deep Customization with Custom Knight!
- Level up to a max level of 50 by finding treasure!
- Earn relics in an all new way while uncovering all-new relics, abilities, and powers you never thought possible!
- Customize the look of your Shovel Knight with cool and crazy cosmetic options!
- Use your Custom Knight seamlessly between Nintendo 3DS and Wii U!
Cooperative Multiplayer (exclusive to Wii U)!!
- Join a friend’s Shovel Knight campaign and shovel together!
- Use your cooperative skills to help each other out along the way!
- Compete against each other collecting gold and defeating enemies to prove who is the true hero of Shovelry!
- Play with any combination: two Custom Knights, one Custom Knight/one Classic Knight, or 2 Classic Knights.
It wasn’t easy making Shovel Knight’s campaign completely co-op compatible, but once completed the team had a blast playing through side-by-side! It really feels like a whole new game, and we hope you give it a try! Maybe we can even embark on a new co-op adventure one day!
You can also scan the Shovel Knight amiibo on the Challenge Mode screen for:
Exclusive Challenge Stages!
- Battle your way through amiibo exclusive challenge stages that take advantage of the new Custom Knight relics and abilities!
- 5 new solo challenges and 5 new co-op challenges (exclusive to Wii U) await!
Want to know even more about the how, why, and where of all things amiibo in Shovel Knight? We put together this big instruction manual to fill your brain with knowledge. This contains a few spoilers for what’s in store for modes like Custom Knight, so be wary of reading on ahead!