You have successfully arrived at the Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope Press page. Here you should find any info you might need to post articles or get more informed about Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope. If you need any additional information posted to this page or would like anything provided in a different format, let us know and we’ll make it available. Make sure to check out our press kits for Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove as well!
- Developer: Yacht Club Games; Based in Marina Del Rey, California
- Release Date: June 26th, 2014 (Windows/Steam/3DS/Wii U), OSX (9/12/14), Linux (10/9/14), PS3-PS4-Vita (4/21/15), Xbox One (4/29/15)
- Platforms: Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Sony PS3, Sony PS4, Sony Vita, Xbox One, PC, Mac, Linux
- Website: ShovelKnight.com
- Price: Available as a free update with Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
- Availability: Digital Download
- Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazil, Russian
- ESRB: E for everyone, USK 6+, PEGI 7, OFLC PG
- File Size: ~150MB: 123 MB PC Installer, 1,213 blocks 3DS, 170 MB WiiU
- Press Contact: [email protected]
- Social: Kickstarter, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube
- Instruction Manual: Digital Manual for Web
Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. You play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest. Shovel Knight has come to this valley with two goals: to defeat the evil Enchantress and save his lost beloved. He wields a Shovel Blade; a multipurpose weapon whose techniques have now been lost to the ages. Always honest and helpful, Shovel Knight is a shining example of the code of Shovelry: Slash Mercilessly and Dig Tirelessly!
However, between Shovel Knight and his beloved stands a cadre of villainous knights. These terrible foes, known as The Order of No Quarter, have been dispatched to prevent Shovel Knight from reaching the Enchantress at any cost! If you love games with perfect platforming, beautiful art, infectious music, crazy bosses, humor and levity, and real heart… Shovel Knight is for you!
- Handcrafted pumped-up 8 bit style. A labor of love!
- Shovel Knight’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit.
- The tech of today also give Shovel Knight modern touches: detailed animation, multilayered parallax backgrounds, and evolved game design.
- Amazing soundtrack from Jake Kaufman and Manami Matsumae, best known for scoring the original Mega Man.
- Crazy bosses and lovable characters showcase a light touch to narrative with humor and levity.
Focused on Fun
- Balanced gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
- Flip enemies! Leap over gaps! Duel with foes! Dig up treasure! Find secrets! Upgrade! Shovel Knight is simple to learn and play, but challenge lies everywhere.
- Perfect your platforming skills as you take down each of the Knights of the Order of No Quarter.
- Collect Relics and upgrades to enhance your shoveling skills!
- Overworld Map allows your quest unfold in a unique order!
- Retell the adventure and uncover all of the world’s secrets with New Game+!
- Lots of options, including bindable controls!
For platform specific features, please refer to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove’s press page.
Yacht Club Games is an independent game developer started in 2013 by a crew of former WayForward employees. We are a fun-loving bunch of gaming geniuses who have dedicated our lives to video games ever since we saw our first pixels. However, our serious and solemn goal is to make really awesome original games that fuse modern and retro sensibilities, and we have the pedigree to prove it! Our team is comprised of top talent that has worked on some amazing titles, including Contra 4, A Boy and His Blob, Thor: God of Thunder, Mighty Milky Way, BloodRayne Betrayal, and most recently, Double Dragon Neon. Shovel Knight is our maiden project as Yacht Club Games, which means we are determined to impress.
So what are we all about? We want to create fun and challenging gameplay. We want to both tug at your heartstrings and delight you with levity and charm. We want to make games that you play together with friends and family. Most of all, we want to give everyone the same collective types of game experiences that have defined our generation. It’s such an exciting time to be a fan of games; the industry is experiencing a renaissance and creativity is flourishing. We are so, so excited to develop games that we love, in hopes that you love them too. Let’s make a splash!
Release Trailer: Download
Official Trailer #1: Download
Official Trailer #2: Download
Accolades Trailer: Download
Download all the screenshots as a .zip (the zip contains much more art than is shown on the page)
Key art and Illustrations
Download all the key art as a .zip (the zip contains much more art than is shown on the page)
Download all the logos/icons as a .zip (the zip contains much more art than is shown on the page)
Download all the sprites as a .zip (the zip contains much more art than is shown on the page)
Weighing in at almost 50 tracks, music is an enormously important part of the Shovel Knight experience! Here are a few samples:
Both the complete OST and arranged album, which includes guest arrangements, are now available under a “Name Your Price” model with no minimum set. Click any album cover below to see more.