Remember when you filled out that Shovel Knight Kickstarter Survey? Good times…good times. Well, we have began transferring all of the digital delivery only information to the Humble Store datacenters in preparation for the game’s launch. Here’s some information and common questions about the process:
How will the Humble Store work?
- The email that you provided in the survey will be the email used to redeem the game through the Humble Store.
- Once we have uploaded the Shovel Knight game to the Humble Store, we will send a message to the applicable reward tiers with a link that you can use to redeem Shovel Knight.
- If you requested a Steam Code, we will send a link to codes which can be used to redeem Shovel Knight on Steam.
- If you requested a 3DS or Wii U version, we will send a link to codes which can be used to redeem Shovel Knight on the Nintendo eShop.
- If you requested a 3DS or Wii U version, you will be able to select your console’s region at time of code redemption. We are doing everything we can to keep the release dates as close as possible, but it is possible that different regions will be released on different days. In this case, additional regions will be selectable once Shovel Knight becomes available on that region’s eShop.
- The PC, Mac, and Linux versions will all eventually be available for direct download, DRM-free, via the Humble Store as they are released.
- Future updates to Shovel Knight can be downloaded through the Humble Store as they are released for PC, Mac and Linux. Steam, 3DS and Wii U will have updates delivered through that platform’s usual update method.
Why distribute through the Humble Store?
- They are genuinely great people! They were super helpful and very flexible with us, which was a huge help when considering how to distribute Kickstarter reward downloads. They also wear some spiffy t-shirts.
- Easy and consistent distribution; a better experience than we could otherwise provide on our own.
- Unified Kickstarter distribution + direct orders = saves us a lot of time that we can spend on the game instead.
- Ability to provide all of the info / downloads for all platforms in one place.
Humble Store Accounts
If you don’t already have a Humble Store account, you can create one here: https://www.humblebundle.com/signup
This is not required. But we do recommend it.
If you do already have a Humble Store account, your Humble Store account email must be the “Email for game delivery” that you entered in your survey, otherwise you will not be able to add Shovel Knight to your Humble Library.
What if the emails don’t match?
Humble Store members can make any changes should something be incorrect, so fret not; just send us an email explaining what needs to change: email@example.com
I received an email from the Humble Store! Does that mean I can download the game? I can’t seem to find it!
The game is not ready yet! Humble Store emails will be sent out before the game has officially released. This will allow you to do a few things:
- Confirm your email address, platform choice, and reward tier.
- Download digital rewards (instruction manual, etc) as they become available.
- Setup a Humble Store account so that you can log in later (optional).
I still have some questions about Humble Store!
The awesome folk at Humble Bundle are around to help with all sorts of questions regarding their site. Send an email on over to firstname.lastname@example.org to sort out any details.
I still have some questions!
We’ve been furiously working on the game, day in and day out, but are always happy to take an email break! Get in touch at email@example.com and we’ll do what we can to help!