This contest is open to all artists, regardless of age or professional status. Age will be taken into consideration, so don’t be afraid to submit!
The Work Must Be Original:
No artwork needs to be shipped as the contest is online. You must be the creator of the art and image file you or your approved representative submit to the competition. Your art must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material. (If your image infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting your work, to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
You are not limited to one entry per person and may submit as many as you’d like. There is no restriction on entering art that has been entered to previous competitions.
We prefer all digital art, but you are free to send physical art too. Our address is here.
The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception.
By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork on our website, future art books/collections, and for marketing purposes. Artworks will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here. All winning entries will be displayed on our website.
File Sizes and Formats:
Your images are best represented at 1200px on the longest side and at a resolution of 72dpi. The acceptable file formats are: jpg, gif, and png.
How To Enter:
- Send entries to: [email protected]
- Subject Line: Specter of Torment Art Contest!
- Attach your image (make sure to follow the correct formats or the art will not be submitted!)
- Full Address Including Country
- T-Shirt Size
- Preferred Game Platform / Region
If you encounter any problems or have a question please contact our tech support staff at [email protected] and we will assist you.
- Does the submitted artwork fit the theme of Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment?
- Is it creative?
- Is it original and interesting?
- Is there overall quality of the medium being used?
- Does the work stand on its own?
- The composition and design of the work is also a judging criteria.
- Note: The quality of the images submitted will also play a role in the judging process. It is best if the images submitted are no smaller than 600px. Pixel art submissions can be smaller!
We reserve the right to request proof that your entry is your original artwork created solely by you. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
There are no restrictions to the number of contests an artist can submit work to, nor the number of pieces they can submit, nor the number of prizes they can win.
Artworks may be submitted up until midnight Eastern Standard Time on the last day of the submission schedule posted. No artworks will be accepted past the posted deadline.
Prizes will be mailed out or otherwise granted within 30 days of the notification of winning. For what prizes include, please refer to original post.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.