World class platforming, music, storytelling, and art all return in Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, available now to all owners of Shovel Knight! Pick up the FREE DLC on your platform of choice – Wii U, 3DS, Xbox One, PS4, PS Vita, PS3, Windows/Mac/Linux (Steam, GOG, Humble)! Extract the potion’s key ingredients from Plague Knight’s former allies… the villainous knights of the Order of No Quarter! Take on the explosive quest with a new play style, new story, new bosses, and more!
Wait…how do you download a free update! If you’re lost, check this page out to find your way!
Okay…really though…what is Plague of Shadows? Let’s break down all the content:
A new adventure starring Plague Knight!
- See your favorite game from a new point of view. Play through Shovel Knight’s quest, but as the explosive trickster Plague Knight with new gameplay and story.
- Explode onto the scene as Plague Knight! Use explosives, bomb jumps, and alchemy to blast your way through the game in a whole new way!
- Combine casing, fuses, powders to create your favorite bomb. Customize your jump and arcana and discover all 9,720 attack combinations!
- Find new armors, secrets, collectibles, easter eggs, and more!
- Master Plague Knight’s mobility to defeat new bosses!
- Discover brand new areas and new paths through the classic levels!
- Use your arcana in challenging new side areas!
- Learn more of the background story behind the beloved characters in the village and the villainous Order of No Quarter.
- Is your science up to snuff? Take on Plague Knight specific challenges with new Feats!
Prove your mettle in Challenge mode
- 10 Shovel Knight Courses: timed challenges, puzzles, enemy survival, and intense platforming!
- 5 Plague Knight Challenges: Prove you’re the master of Plague Knight’s new bag of tricks!
- 32 Boss Challenges: Revisit the boss fights as Plague Knight and Shovel Knight under new conditions – low health, limited weapons, time limits, and higher stakes!
Brushing up on your alchemy!
If you’re still confused, get out your beakers and Bunsen burners, and get to work studying the science behind Plague Knight:
We poured our hearts and souls into Plague Knight, and we hope everyone truly enjoys the new update! Please let us know what you think!
Don’t forget, you’ll need to clear the game as Shovel Knight to take on Plague Knight’s new adventure and Challenge Mode! There might be another way to unlock Plague Knight too …
We’re super excited about the launch of the game, so we want you to join us instead of playing, ha! For those of you who can pull yourselves away from the new update or multi-task, we’ll be playing lots of games and talking about the development at 8PM PDT Today (9/17). Join us on our twitch channel then!