Wabadoo! Shovel Knight is coming to Xbox One tomorrow!!! April 29th – a Microsoft Holiday! Don’t miss picking up our debut title on Xbox One. And don’t forget the Battletoads are making their surprise return to the video game realm. Shovel Knight on Xbox One will mark their first game appearance since Battletoads for the arcade in 1994!
All we’ve shown the world so far is a short teaser Microsoft revealed back in March at GDC. Today, we wanted to elaborate a tad more on Shovel Knight’s wild encounter with the totally rad toads. To begin, we’ll confirm that the Battletoads will challenge Shovel Knight to battle! Don’t worry, it’s more of a lighthearted and friendly sparring match. The toads are stopping in to help train Shovel Knight so that he can defeat the Dark Queen…or was it the Enchantress? Well, maybe she goes by many names.
It isn’t going to be easy for Shovel Knight though. The toads are always ready to deliver a smash hit and know how to use the big bad boot!
The Battletoads inclusion is more than just a battle! Shovel Knight will face an all new challenge and might learn a technique or two along the way. Keep a look out – you may see some of your old friends from Shovel Knight’s main campaign!
A huge Thank You to everyone at Rare and Microsoft who collaborated with us to bring the Battletoads to the world of Shovel Knight! It’s been so much fun to work with such an energetic cadre of characters, and we couldn’t be more honored to take part in Rare’s incredible history. We’re so proud to be rekindling the fun of one of Rare’s best franchises. We hope you all have as much fun playing Shovel Knight as we had reliving our childhood experiences, bringing the Battletoads to life.
And don’t forget we’re hard at work on all new features! There’s a lot more Shovel Knight headed your way this year so expect lots of FREE big update content!
- Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows — A new adventure starring Plague Knight, the addled alchemical master of disaster! Featuring a brand new playable character, all new relics, new systems, new boss battles, level tweaks, and a brand new story to adventure through!
- 2 Additional Campaigns — Like Plague of Shadows, there will be 2 more campaigns featuring fan favorites, King Knight and Specter Knight!
- Challenge Mode — Think you’re up to the challenge? Try tackling a set of all-new challenge levels that push your Shovel Knight skills to the max!
- Body Swap Mode — Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a girl, or Shield Knight was a boy? Well, now you’ll be able to change them, along with the rest of the cast! Swap whatever bodies you want, with all new character designs!
- 4 Player Battle Mode — Challenge your friends to a 4-way couch duel featuring Shovel Knight and his closest friends and greatest enemies!
That’s all for today Shovelinos and Shovelinas. Be sure to tell us all about your Shovel Knight and Xbox One experiences tomorrow!